“So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.” Philippians 2:1-2
At DuBois Alliance Church we offer different adult Sunday school classes to meet your needs. The class topics often change quarterly. You can choose the class that best suits you. One class that is always available is D6, which is an adult class that follows along with the same weekly topics and scripture references as the children, youth, and young adults. For more information regarding D6 check out their website.
Men’s Ministry – “Alliance Men”
The main focuses of the Alliance Men’s Ministry of DuBois Alliance Church are to assist other men as they grow both personally and spiritually, and also to build relationships that last. Alliance Men believe that it is vital for every man to rely first on God for guidance and strength, and then rely on other men to help work through life’s many challenges and struggles. Along with personal and spiritual growth, Alliance Men believe that it is important for men to have a good time with each other which is why there are always different activities planned which allow men to just be men. Whether it’s fishing, camping, shooting each other with paintballs or simply enjoying a meal together, Alliance Men believe that the best way to build strong and lasting relationships is to have fun together.
- Men’s Bible study – Wednesday evenings at 6:30pm.
- One-on-One discipleship.
- Skeet Shoot
- Paintball Wars
- Lake Erie Perch Fishing Trip
- Wild Game Dinner
- Annual Elk Mountain Camping Trip
Serving at DuBois Alliance Church
- Help with major building projects, such as installing the playground for the children.
- Maintain the church lawn.
- Cut firewood for families who are in need.
- Cook meals for church events.
Women’s Ministry – “Great Commission Women”
Who is a Great Commission Woman?
A Great Commission Woman is any woman who helps to further the progress of the Great Commission, which is to “make disciples of all nations,” as found in Matt. 28:19-20. Great Commission Women is an auxiliary Ministry of the Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) organized to assist in the advancement of prayer and financial support world-wide of the C&MA, the purposes of Great Commission Women is to enlist women of all generations in effective fervent prayer, to encourage an intimate relationship with Christ, and to engage in reaching the lost. It is evident as we look at the C&MA’s Spiritual Heritage and women’s ministries that we must be fully devoted disciples of all generations who, Live the Word, Do the Work and Reach the World. Any woman who attends DuBois Alliance Church is a Great Commission Woman!
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study
- Ladies’ Retreats
FELLOWSHIP AND FUN!
- Ladies Banquet in May
- Pool and Spa Night
- Great Commission Women’s Christmas Party
- Craft Making and Craft Fair
- Monthly Women’s Fellowship Luncheon
A Servant’s Heart
- Setup tables and fold clothes for the bi-annual clothing closet outreach.
- Care packages for college students.
- Provide snacks, drinks, and desserts for different church events and outreaches.
- Weekly prayer group
- GCW Rally – Local churches meet together to learn, pray, and give to support Western PA international workers.
- National Project – Each year there is a national project through the National Office that the DuBois GCW supports.