Nominating Committee Description
A Nominating Committee shall consist of:
- The senior pastor
- Two elected by but not necessarily from the Board of Elders
- Two elected by the membership at least one month prior to the annual meeting.
- Elected members of the Nominating Committee shall be members of this church and shall be elected at a regular or special meeting of the Board of Elders or membership meeting, respectively, and shall not serve two consecutive years.
- All nominees, members in good standing, are required to consent to being nominated and to fulfill all duties as outlined in the job description.
Pursue and Evaluate Names for Offices
- Pursue individuals to fill open positions of
office within the church
- Evaluate each name to be considered for each office to ensure all names are eligible for election
- If at all possible, the committee will present multiple names for each office in a prioritized order so as they pursue individuals, if one declines they can move to the next name without conducting another meeting to gather more names
Report & Official Ballot
- Prepare a report of its’ work and publish it at least 14 days prior to the annual meeting
- Prepare official
ballot for use at annual meeting
- Official ballot will contain names as present for each position
- Names presented by membership (submitted to Nominating Committee within 7 days following the publishing of the Nominating Committee’s Report) will be identified by an asterisk (*) with appropriate footnote explaining they were nominated by membership